Saturday, September 6, 2008

19 Things You Should Never Say During Your Med School Interview

1. When will I be able to write myself prescriptions?
2. Who will drive us home if we are too tired post-call?
3. Paternalism is ready for a comeback.
4. Under what circumstances can I call in sick?
5. What are the minimum requirements for me to graduate?
6. To be honest, I just want drug rep pens.
7. That's what nurses are for.
8. When will we cover generating multiple streams of income with cross-referrals and owning our own diagnostic equipment?
9. I love the smell of [insert body fluid here] in the morning.
10. Have they started making Cliffs Notes for medical texts yet?
11. I don't have a problem with being oncall, but every so often I'll have to
check in with my parole officer.
12. Of course, after residency, they'll have to have insurance.
13. DNR... doesn't that stand for "Do Not Respond?"
14. Does the 80-hour limit apply to med students yet?
15. How often is lunch provided?
16. The voices told me that this is the place that all would be fulfilled.
17. In addition to being a shaman, I am working on a book that exposes the
perils of the Western Health-Industrial Complex.
18. Antibiotics. Antivirals. Antifungals. Antithis. Anti-that. When are we going to live in harmony with these bugs.
19. It wasn’t really drug-dealing. Let’s just say that I was self-employed.

No comments: